It is almost the end of the year, and I cannot be happier to see the last dregs of 2017. It’s no surprise that this has been one of the hardest ever years for me, but I do feel like I have been getting through it – in the end you can only ever become stronger in the face of adversity, and I do feel like I am coming out of this in a place that might be more me.
With Summer fast approaching it means that there will be a lot more days spent out in the sunshine, having gatherings with close friends, attending festivals and getting exercise, and gearing up for the biggest holiday season yet. I’ll be on holidays from the 9th December, so as usual you will get a shorter feast for Christmas this year while I sun it up in Vietnam. However, I’m not on my way out just yet, so to tie you over here are some parties and celebrations that are doing the rounds this month:
Party Round Up:
- Hooray is recycling their magazine articles for their website, but I’m not one to complain because there was a reason I devoured their magazines! Check out their gorgeous recipe for Elderflower and Lime Syrup Cake with Crushed Strawberry Sauce, What wedding traditions you should consider breaking, and their article on whether this Wedding Flower Trend is Friend or Foe? What do you guys think?
- Celebrities usually have the best of most worlds, and their hens parties aren’t any different. Check out The Bride’s Diary list of the best celebrity hens parties.
- My friend posted this amazing checklist of 25 event themes that just ooze style!
- Rock and Roll Bride has been blowing up with their latest wedding delights, including this beautiful and bright vegetarian wedding, this wedding of gothic Victorian decadence, this perfect groom in this Bohemian “Summer of Love” wedding, this epic steampunk wedding (That crown!), the nails in this gothic bridal photo shoot for Rock and Roll Bride, and this Skeleton themed bridal shoot as well. I’m also completely over the moon for this wedding that incorporated the Vegas desert and hot dogs, and I loved this article about weddings and “hidden disabilities”.
- I love these articles on 16 Tall and Striking Centerpieces for your next event, as well as 11 Immersive Experiences to engage consumers at a trade show! Great ideas in here!
- Gala Darling is usually always spot on with her advice, and I love the articles she wrote about Three Things That Are Draining Your Life Force That You Can Stop Doing Today, and Become Your Own Superhero: 10 Questions To Help You Level Up And Evolve.
- These feminist tattoos are boss! I love the utilization of Roy Lichtenstein’s “Drowning Girl” – it’s also one of my favourite works of art!
- I always have FOMO, and it compels me to try and experience the most that I can out of life, but leaves me feeling so empty when I know my friends are out doing something else that might be perceived as “cooler”. Luckily for me, blogger Mark Manson tackled this very topic on his article The Fear Of Missing Out: Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Instagram. It’s so helpful and worth a read if you’re like me and addicted to Instagram, searching for your next high.
- I love this new song “Happy Place” from Alison Wonderland, especially because it focuses on her depression and how she used her friends to help her find a better place for herself. I am also really thudding her remix of Dua Lipa’s “New Rules”. It’s totally my new anthem!