Photo via Jungle Tribe
You may have noticed that things have been a little slow here at The Party Connection HQ and I do apologise for taking awhile to get back to you. I love writing, especially for The Party Connection, but there have been so many things that have been taking up my time and putting the breaks on writing. I’m currently working on my sequel to Cosmic Decay: Contamination, as well as a slightly biographical piece that could be something. I have big week-long work conferences, articles to write for other websites as well, and I am still trying to work on myself and reach a place of inner peace through social interactions and time spent on myself.
I’ve recently started by Brazilian Ju Jitsu at a local martial arts gym and I absolutely love it! I’ve never felt stronger and I really feel like I am finding myself and figuring out how to be the best person I can be. It’s a super important step for me, and I hope that you will continue to come along for the ride with me.
Next month is October and you know what that means – Halloween! It’s my favourite time of the year so I am ensuring that I am getting myself together to bring you all the best Halloween inspiration you could possibly need. Get ready to get spooky readers!
In the meantime though, check out what’s been doing the rounds:
Party Round Up:
- I used to be a children’s party host so I learnt a few different ways to do balloon modelling. Seriously, I can make you a dog, a rabbit, a giraffe, an elephant, a horse, a sword and a flower. One lady in my training session really found her calling with balloon modelling and ended up with her own business and the ability to create Spiderman out of balloons. It was so amazing to see someone excel so much and find their special talent, but something tells me that these balloon creatures by Masayoshi Matsumoto will probably take her cake. The Japanese artist decided to make every animal in the animal kingdom, and the results were amazing! Check them out here.
- Now, I’m unfortunately never going to be able to taste these amazing sounding Butterscotch Pots de Creme due to the heavy use of eggs and cream, but it’s a recipe that is worth looking at and dreaming over.
- These bear cookies are hugging nuts. THEY’RE HUGGING NUTS!
- Pink Tequila is the new rose and here is why…
- If you need some inspiration to make some deliciously delicate cakes, go no further than Buns In The Oven and Commie’s Cupcakes and her adorable miniatures!
- Loving this Modern Ophelia photo shoot from Hooray magazine.
- Could you benefit from having a five hour work day? I know we all could! Here is how one company put the work/life balance into their daily schedules.
- Spanish street artist Okuda San Miguel has been creating a storm of geometrical rainbow works of art, and it’s definitely worth checking out!
- Mark Manson is honest, genuine and insightful and I love reading his blog. Check out some of his article including 10 Life Lessons I Learnt In My 20’s and Why Smartphones Are The New Cigarettes.
- Did you guys see the new kick ass Charlize Theron movie Atomic Blonde? Well The Iconic put together a handy little shopping guide on how you can steal Theron’s style from the movie and it is spot on!
- As someone who writes zombie horror fiction, watches a lot of TV and movies, and works in the palliative care sector I am no stranger to death. It sucks and grief is real, but I am no stranger to it. I found this amazing article about death in children’s books and whether it is getting darker as the years go on. Is it different to also include the moral dilemma of having to kill to survive? What do you think?
- From chicken coops in the middle of suburbia to medicinal herb gardens, homesteading in fast becoming a trend for modern women. Find out why on The Chalkboard today.