Photo by Regards Coupables,
Good afternoon! I am officially 27 and alive and kicking after my C themed birthday party, but the good times have kept rolling with The Party Connection’s fifth birthday. I’ve been out and about doing some major partying and getting inspiration from all the latest jams, and I can say that this past year has definitely turned into a rager despite all the heartache – sometimes, you just have to party it all out.
For the next year, I am going to continue to try and provide you with some of the best party and entertaining inspiration that I possibly can, but with working on my new novel and getting back into a healthy and positive mindframe, I do apologise if things get a little lax. I promise I will try to keep you up to your elbows in party fun, and I hope you all bare with me as The Party Connection and I work through some major changes in both of our lives!
To keep you celebrating, check out some of these inspiring party ideas and get ready for another fabulous year.
Party Round Up:
- Looking for a splash of colour for your wedding? Try having your big day in one of these amazing colourful wedding locations from The Brides Diary.
- Rock n Roll Bride is a regular feature for epic weddings, and this month it is no different. I love the reflection of the age old wedding vows in this Til Death Do Us Part themed wedding, as well as this kitschy Las Vegas Ceremony and Kids Party Reception, this Warehouse Wedding Shoot with Gold Leaf, and this stunning Sin City style engagement shoot.
- This Celestial Allure wedding shoot for Bride Mag is so out of this world amazing!
- If you are looking for that little something extra to spice up your dessert table at your next event I recommend you look no further than Oh Happy Day. I love these adorable arrow cocktail stirrers, balloon dog birthday candles, and their entire collection of stunning tableware!
- Sprinkles for Breakfast is going through a bit of a purple phase right now and is creating some stunning lavender and lilac hued treats that will get your mouth watering. Check out her recipes for Marbled Oreos, Lavender Toffee Ice Cream Sandwiches and Blackberry Blackout Ice Cream Cake. Yum, yum! While you’re there though, check out her Instagram page and druel over these gorgeous watermelon ice creams!
- It’s no secret that I am a little bit of a goth at heart despite and I found this amazing vegan goth food blogger online called Goth in the Raw. Check out her awesome and all-inspiring delicious treats here.
- I’ve recently discovered the French artist Regards Coupables, whose simple, clean-line illustrations express a sense of tongue in cheek sexuality that gets right to the point. I love the above picture of Cosmic Love and feel like it just summed up a wonderful turning point in my life. If you can, check out some of the beautiful artwork from the link above.
- Being pretty is a privilege, but we refuse to acknowledge it – until now, thanks to activist Janet Mock from Beauty Beyond Binaries, who has lifted the lid of why being beautiful gets us in more doors than we care to admit.
- Have you heard of Allie X? She’s an awesome singer I found back in June and her songs like Casanova and Paper Love really spoke to me when I was having huge boy troubles! Read an interview with her from Galore magazine and get to know the cool arty goth behind the music, and find out why Katy Perry is really digging her.
- Have you watched Taylor Swift’s new music video for her song Look What You Made Me Do? Tay Tay is my guilty pleasure, and the music video does not disappoint! I also loved reading about how her master plan keeps her popular, and this op-ed piece by Taylor herself in The Wall Street Journal.