July 31st is here, and boy am I excited because it’s my birthday! I love my birthday. It is one of my favourite days of the year besides Halloween, and I always love to have an epic bash or take a sneaky trip to the snow for the day. This year I will be celebrating very differently and while I know that the day I turn 27 will still be a great one surrounded by my family and friends, it’s also the first one that will be all my own.
While 2017 started strong with a wonderful New Years celebration and an exciting launch for my first novel Cosmic Decay: Contamination, it quickly turned into a bit of a nightmare. For my readers who aren’t aware, my husband Byron (whom you have met through images and photographs on this website throughout the years) and I have decided to separate. And while it was a long and heartbreaking decision and one that I will surely write of sometime in the future, the time came that it was necessary that we figure out who we really are, grow into different people, and live the best life we possibly could.
So the world begins to turn anew. We untangled our roots that had grown together, I moved into a wonderful little house that I now call my own, I bought my own little car, and set up my new life. It’s been such a complicated and emotional half of the year, and I hope moving into my 27th year of life will continue to provide me with new experiences and opportunities.
And while I figure all of that out, I will be celebrating the big 27 with a C themed party. You’ve heard me talk the big talk about alphabet letter costume parties, so I figured it was time I put my money where my mouth is. So stay tuned for the happy snaps of the big day soon!
I love you guys, and thank you so much for being here with me.
Party Round Up:
- I love the peacock colours used in this amazing DIY Peacock themed wedding on Rock n Roll Bride, as well as this dark and moody San Fran wedding. While you’re there as well, check out the gorgeous hair sported in the bridal shoot, and this brides beautiful use of geometric’s in her wedding dress.
- Check out this amazing industrial style engagement party on Hooray that is dripping in elegance.
- Planning a Hen’s party sometime soon? Check out HerCanberra’s Unveiled section and see what four hen’s party traditions you should stop and swap, and well as ten things you should ask the bride before you get stuck into the party planning.
- Get on A Beautiful Mess! With articles like how to make sushi burritos, and a whole bunch of amazing DIY decor ideas, you have no excuse not to check it out.
- Finally, Lauren Conrad is the lifestyle guru of my world and if you don’t believe me you need to read her articles on six tips for taking the perfect engagement ring Instagram shot (yes, it’s a thing!) her summer reading list, how to make your own Washi Tape drink umbrellas, and how to plan an ice cream social baby shower.
- Looking for a new podcast to froth over? I love Flash Forward, which highlights a different reality every month, as well as The Hook Up with Hannah Riley for all your sex and relationship deets.
- Jungle Tribe have all the hottest, rocking-est leather accessories that ever existed that I have instantly added all of their models into the sequel of my novel Cosmic Decay. It’s all extremely Walking Dead worthy and I love it.
- Tunes are my life right now, and they’ve been helping me get through such a difficult time by saying exactly what I mean. Here are some tunes helping me through: