Photo by Byron Carr
We can no longer use the Game of Thrones “Winter is Coming” meme that show up every year about this time because just like the show, winter is finally upon us here in the Southern Hemisphere. And while I am freezing my butt off I am also coming to terms with a new life and new goals that now focus on me and what I need to do to find inner peace and happiness. Unfortunately, I am not ready to share this part of my life with you, so I will leave you instead with some pretty inspiring distractions that have helped me through. Here is what is blowing up the internet this month:
Party Round Up:
- We Are Origami have done it again with this stunning and whimsical New Beginnings bridal shoot.
- Rock n Roll Bride is the place to go for alternative weddings, and if you’re going to be amazed by any wedding then it’s going to be this epic Vampire Royalty Wedding as put together by two goth-loving event planners who are the reigning nominated king and queen of the Vampire Court of Austin! The end result is simply stunning.
- This Disney Princess themed maternity photo shoot is epic for all of the right reasons!
- Hooray has been a bit quiet lately with their other endeavours, but they’ve still managed to pull us out some awesome party inspiration, including my all time favourite mint Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star themed party, desert-inspired desserts and this adorable fashion stylists salute to her one year old.
- Trigger warning: To keep with the Disney Princess theme, check out these powerful images by Shannon Dermody that depict our beloved princesses in real-life shocking situations that aren’t too far from the fairytales they are born out of.
- Mark Manson wrote this awesome article about How Travel Taught Me Not To Give A Fuck and it’s fantastic and very true.
- Is the new positive self-help trend that we are all jumping on just a way for corporations to sell us more items and unnecessary things? As a person needing these positive steps and self-help guides right now, I don’t quite agree with this article discussed with a Danish philosopher, but it makes for an interesting read. What do you think?
- I love these tips on being organised enough to actually practice self-care because this is my mindset most of the time!
- Meet the real life Jessica Rabbit…
- Is your vision board setting you up to fail? Gala Darling shines a light on our dreams…
- I’ve been escaping into a world of music lately, and these songs have really got me feeling all the feels: