I used to love cheese. My friends and I had a cheese fondue party during the winter time and it was the best thing ever. But since going vegan, cheese has been a very non-existent food item in my life. I don’t miss it, but it means that fondue parties are a thing of the past – until now.
Over the Easter break we trialed a very delicious vegan cheese recipe that was served up as a perfect fondue-style entree, and it was so garlicky and delightful that it has made into our regular entertaining rotation! Here is how you can make this cheesy delight yourself.
- 1 cup soaked cashews (we soak ours for 24 hours beforehand)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup warm water
- Extra slices of garlic finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Sourdough bread to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Put all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth
- Pour the smooth mixture into a saucepan on the stove and stir until the mixture is thickened but still a liquid
- Once the mixture has thickened, pour it into a greased or lined oven proof dish and put extra slices of garlic and rosemary sprigs on the top. Sprinkle on some black pepper and a few splashes of olive oil.
- Put the mixture into an oven and bake for 20 minutes until the top is golden.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before serving with rustic bread.
This recipe is all thanks to Bosh!