Photo by Byron Carr
It’s May, and that means *Nsync/ Justin Timberlake jokes, nerdy remarks of “May the 4th be with you!” and spending some quality time with our mothers. Life has certainly been throwing some curve balls my way over the last couple of months or so, and it’s been a pretty difficult time that is resulting in a lot of questioning, a lot of big decisions and big changes, and a lot of growth and moving forward. You might see the end result in a blog of some kind, but for now I am holding it pretty close to my chest and distracting myself with some amazing inspiring events taking hold of the internet this month:
Party Round Up:
- We’ve had lavender cupcakes, but these are just so much sweeter! Check out these gorgeous chamomile cupcakes and get ready to indulge.
- Speaking of cakes, I spent hour scrolling through this Pinterest feed of different and beautiful wedding cakes and I don’t regret a minute of it.
- This Hello Muse wedding shoot showcases the perfect marriage between modern and retro wedding styling!
- As usual Rock n Roll Bride has got me all starry-eyed with this bride’s amazing dress, this fascinating metal and pagan wedding, the epic 50’s inspired style of the bride and groom at this wedding, and the 50’s perfection that is this rockabilly wedding.
- I’m a big fan of lifestyle blogging, and one lady that has been acing the Instagram circuit for lifestyle influencers has to be Becca Tobin – Glee alumni and apparently living the best life. If you don’t believe me, check out her Instagram here but better yet, check out her fashion website June Moss and her podcast The Lady Gang that she shares with some of her closest friends and get your own dose of lifestyle envy. I love their post on The Best Advice I’ve Ever Gotten, Winter Wedding Style, and 10 Books I Read on Summer Vacation.
- And while you are busy turning green with envy over Becca Tobin’s excellent lifestyle, head over to Lauren Conrad’s website and do the same with her articles on Currently Craving Palm Prints, her recipe on these amazing palm tree donuts, and also vegan sushi!
- Welcome to the Museum of Ice Cream,the most Instagram worthy destination in LA!
- Sophia Amoruso is big. She’s had a multi-million dollar fashion empire, published two books about her life, is the coiner of the term #girlboss, and has Netflix TV show based on her life. That’s pretty big. But she’s also had to file her multi-million dollar empire for bankruptcy and recently gotten a divorce. Instead, she’s now focusing on being strong and her essay on Starting Over is a great testament for times of change. She says, “My boyfriend reminded me of the sophomore album syndrome: a band puts out an incredible first album, tours it, and is under contract to write another immediately after. They’re fucked before they even begin because they haven’t had the time to live a life worth creating from. I’ve been trying to write my sophomore album while outrunning my own pain and it didn’t take long to hit the bottom of that very shallow choice.” So what are you doing with your sophomore album? I know I need to find out…
- This article from Gala Darling about what if divorce could be a blessing? is one of the realist articles I have read for a lot time and certainly makes you sit up and read between the lines of your relationship.
- I’ve been rediscovering my taste in music lately and Halsey is one of my favourite singers. I’ve had her new song “Now or Never” on repeat all month, not to mention my guilty pleasure Katy Perry and her new song “Bon Appeite” and basically EVERYTHING from Starset.