Ah April – the time for public holidays, eating a lot of delicious food and chocolate, and gearing up the long winter months ahead. I hope you have had a delightful Easter break, and if you managed to make it cruelty free thanks to my tips I posted earlier I would love to hear about it! It’s definitely worth considering the kind of things that have to go into making your foods, even if it is food you love.
April has been quite busy for me. I had another book signing, I celebrated my dad’s 60th birthday with the uncles and aunts, and I am just trying to get my life back together. It’s been a tough couple of months and quite a rollercoaster at times (even quite literally I went to Movieworld at the end of March and road many a rollercoaster while I was there!) but I am still here and still chasing inspiration. Check out a few of this articles and blogs that have been inspiring me this month:
Party Round Up:
- Pretty Mayhem has some amazing birthday cake ideas circulating on her blog, and I especially loved the Champagne Mimosa Cake, and the Zodiac Constellation Cake. Sign me up for both as long as I can get a vegan option.
- This Harvest wedding on the Rock n Roll Bride blog is an absolutely stunning way to use moody hues for your wedding, and check out this hand painted Dia De Los Muertos Inspired Wedding Dress. Would you walk down the aisle in this day? It’s certainly not for the faint-hearted, but it sure is for the fabulous!
- This purple princess party on Kara’s Party Ideas is way too good to be true.
- I’ve been neglecting the Sprinkles for Breakfast blog recently, and with delicious recipes such as this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cake, Unicorn Fudge, Confetti Cookie Dough Ice Cream, Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispy Treats, and Lavender Toffee Ice Cream Sandwiches, I think I should be ashamed of myself.
- I’m lost in the delights of Nectar and Stone and I don’t want to find my way out!
- Looking for the perfect gift to give someone for mother’s day, their birthday, anniversary or wedding? Don’t look any further than the unique treats you can find at BoxFox today!
- Love pizza and cake? Why not have both with this awesome pizza cake recipe from Studio DIY?!
- Linea Johnson’s tips on handling the Perfect Chaos that is her depression and bipolar are very insightful and worth looking at it if you are struggling yourself.
- Lauren Cohen, who plays Maggie in The Walking Dead, is by far my favourite actress and she is absolutely fierce in this Harper’s Bazaar article!
- Love skateboarding? Furthermore by Equinox has some kick ass fitness regimes you can do with a skateboard!
- If you need something to binge watch that will keep you up all night, look no further than the new Netflix TV Show Thirteen Reasons Why. It’s about a girl in high school that commits suicide and leaves a series of tapes for the people in her life to listen to and discover why she committed suicide and how they played a part in it. It’s hard-hitting and soulful, and one to watch right now!