Photo by Christine McConnell
Happy Halloween! For once Party Round Up falls on October 31st, so I want to wish you a happy Halloween and hope that you have a wonderful time frightening your neighbours, dressing up in costumes to escape from the ghouls that roam the night, and have some kick ass celebrations! October is always a fun time for me, with summer in Australia just around the corner, my husband’s birthday party always a fun affair and our Monster Mash themed Halloween party celebrated just this past weekend.
To keep the spooky celebrations going, check out these Halloween themed articles that are doing the rounds this year, and enjoy November’s articles set to spring at you soon!
Party Round Up:
- Rock n Roll Bride has always featured excellent Halloween themed weddings, and this year is no different. Have a look at this Genuinely Terrifying Halloween Shoot (check out that cake!), this Surprise Halloween Party Wedding, 16 Creative Ideas for your Halloween wedding, this colourful Day of the Dead Wedding with the bride in a blue dress, and this simply gorgeous Halloween shoot in an abandoned warehouse!
- DO NOT GO PASSED THIS AMAZING CAMP HALLOWEEN ENGAGEMENT PHOTO SHOOT! IT IS AMAZING, LOOK AT IT NOW!
- Did everyone see Hooray magazine’s 1st Halloween party on a rooftop? Super cute!
- These Halloween cakes look so realistic, you’ll think that your Halloween party took a very dark turn somewhere…
- These make up tutorials by Frankie Magazine will help you get your scare on for your Halloween costumes this year, and if that wasn’t enough then check out HerCanberra’s take on it too.
- Studio DIY always know how to put together some epic tutorials for Halloween and this year is no different with these cute DIY Pun-kins, and these super unique costumes including a DIY Frosted Animal Cookie costume, a DIY bowl of cereal costume, a super cute and stylish DIY burger costume, and the super trending DIY pool float costumes!
- Mortica and Gomez Addams are not just the best couple on TV, they are the best couple, period. I loved this article from Offbeat Home about how The Addams Family does BDSM right – and let’s face it, they do it way better than 50 Shades of Gray!
- Looking for something to show your love this Halloween? Look no further than these AMAZING Vegan Treat’s Fatefully Yours!
- There is an evil clown prank filling the streets of America at the moment in the lead up to Halloween, and this craze has now swept to Australia. Basically, people in evil clown outfits have been terrorizing citizens with scary pranks such as standing in the middle of roads looking scary, coming up to CCTV cameras in the middle of the night, and generally being spooktastic. As a lover of evil clowns I delight in this new craze though I strongly see why reactions have been so tense – honestly, I don’t know what I would do if I actually saw an evil clown in the middle of the street. Nonetheless, despite the craze, a new one has taken off where professional clowns try to fight back against the Halloween stunts with their new hashtag #ClownLivesMatter. Trying to understand the history of the evil clown as something I debated putting together for The Party Connection’s Halloween special, but I’ve been beaten to the punch with this excellent article called Make Laugh Not War. Cue the circus music!
- It’s not Halloween themed, but the connection is downright spooky! I love this fan theory that Andy’s mum from the Disney Pixar Toy Story series is actually Emily, Jesse’s previous owner!
- During the premiere of Scream Queens this month, American Horror Story alum Lady Gaga released the film clip for her new song Perfect Illusion and I can’t get it out of my head! It’s so fast paced and energetic and the rapid fire high energy is like nothing I have seen from pop stars nowadays. I love the film clip too because it matches the song so well and it’s a great Burning Man look to it!
- Among other songs I’m loving too, I’m loving Katy Perry’s new single Rise. Put these two on your playlists for the gym and get ready to be pumped!