Photo by Byron Carr
Hooray! It’s my favourite time of year again, and I’m not talking about winter because that’s not something I am down with. No, what I am talking about is that the 31st July is my birthday, and it’s always a banger! While you are reading this, I will be ringing in my twenty-sixth birthday with a trip to the snow, trying out skiing for the first time, sipping some spiked hot chocolate with delectable marshmallow cream, and hopefully sitting by a roaring fire!
July has been super busy writing wise this year, with collaborations through many different blogs and websites, including HerCanberra, ACT Rescue and Foster, and Alzheimer’s Australia. Soon you will be seeing some of my articles appearing on the website My Trending Stories, and my speculative fiction novel is not far away from it’s release date, so stay tuned for that!
I’m going to head back to the slopes now, but to keep you occupied, check out some of the awesome Party Round Up articles below, and get ready for a super special editorial themed month coming up in August to celebrate The Party Connection’s fourth birthday – it’s going to be a blast!
Party Round Up:
- Want to see a Harry Potter wedding that downright slays? I know you do, because Buzzfeed delivered the goods and it was too beautiful to ignore. Also, I got sorted into Gryffindor at Pottermore. Winning!
- Check out this beautiful Red Riding Hood themed party on the Confetti Fair blog- Those little toadstools are to die for!
- I stumbled across this epic-ly bright and fun Wonder Filled Party by Poppies for Grace on the Hooray magazine website. It’s so bright, you practically need shades to check out the pictures, but I strongly suggest giving it a go anyway!
- Rock n Roll Bride always has some tasty treats for you, such as this Fantasy Literature Inspired Wedding, this Victorian Steampunk Wedding, this excellent old world style rock and roll glam wedding with glittery bridesmaids skirts, and these two excellent Las Vegas Elopement weddings, including this super sweet elopement dripping in a vintage vibe, and this gorgeous Las Vegas Elopement with the bride and groom donning matching ghost tattoos – cute!
- Want to see some beautiful alternative photo shoots? Then go no further than The Sticks and Stones Agency. Be warned though, it’s very NSFW.
- This Copenhagen Brooch in Mint Rain is ADORABLE! Anyone want to send me one?
- I’m discovering more and more about the benefits of being natural and healthy, so I’ve definitely jumped on board when I discovered Plant Skincare and Health Lab.
- This beautiful Femmes to the Front 8 page zine is a wonderful way to get engrossed in feminism! It includes a recipe for slut brownies, and even a glossary about things that don’t make you a bad feminist. It’s very helpful for people like me who is trying to be empowered more, but can’t help but love classic 1950’s housewife dresses and pink cupcakes!
- And speaking of feminism, cupcakes and my slow move into the feminist movement, I have some interesting articles from the other side of the coin as well, including Quartz’ article on We sold feminism to the masses and now it means nothing, and HerCanberra’s take on whether or not there is a pink tax.there is a pink tax.
- Also, keep checking out Gala Darling’s blog for amazing loveliness!