Photo by Cat Burton
What a bumper of a month it has been! I (finally!) released my eBook Secrets of a Party Planner, which has been almost two years in the making, and updated The Party Connection blog on the back end to match!
I can also now make the announcement that I have officially been signed and contracted to publish my very first work of fiction – a speculative horror novel! (What a twist!) There will be more information popping up throughout the publishing process about my novel and subsequent book launch, but I can’t wait to bring you all on the ride with me! What a great month it has been indeed.
By the time you are reading this I will be off on my next adventure! My husband and I have headed to New Zealand for two weeks of living, dreaming and breathing an RV. It’s the ultimate Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Vacation (Minus Scooby-Doo, because Buddy is back in Australia, and I am fo sho sexy Velma!) and we’re sussing out new places we could possibly live. So while I am hitting the road check out what has been blowing up the blogs lately, and stay tuned for another bumper month as we head into Birthday Zone July!
Party Round Up:
- Studio DIY showcased some excellent head wear with their dessert style Derby hats, and OMG are they adorable! Check out this cute lollipop hat on the Studio DIY website now.
- Want to see some cake perfection? What am I talking about? Of course you do! Check out this excellent Buzzfeed post about the Instagram account that belongs to olganoskovaa – queen of the galaxy (cakes)!
- I love the website Green Wedding Shoes because they feature so many beautiful weddings – like this wonderful All Hallows’ Eve themed wedding with the bride in metallic grey, this Midsummer dream themed wedding when the bride and groom got married under a crescent moon, and this epic Great Gatsby wedding!
- The most amazing wedding magazine has hit the market to cover everyone’s desire to get married – Groom and Guy – Australia’s first gay wedding magazine. Not only does it feature the beautiful editorials you see in wedding magazines, it gives you all the tips that you need in planning your own wedding. You go Groom and Guy!
- Love Game of Thrones? Love reading essays about feminism? These two concepts don’t generally do hand in hand, but with the release of Women of Ice and Fire: Gender, Game of Thrones and Multiple Media Engagements now they can. This interesting novel addresses questions of adaptation from novel to television, female characters and politics, and female audience engagement while analyzing female characters in genres, sex, violence and fan fiction. It’s definitely worth a look!
- I had the excellent opportunity in meeting my favourite author Tara Moss at the start of the month as she did a book tour for her latest book Speaking Out! A guidebook to feminists and women of all walks of life in inspiring them to speak out against adversary. Something she mentioned had me prompting to look up an article she wrote about Drag Kings, and it was so interesting I thought I would share it with you.
- While we are on the subject of books, the great minds at Frankie magazine have given you a good reason to start up a conversation with someone you have never met – and just what exactly you should be talking about…
- My husband and I have been following the Youtube Vloggers The Lean Machines about getting fit, fast and healthy, and they put together some super delicious recipes with thanks to Jaime Oliver, who is by far one of the best chef’s I’ve ever seen. Check out their delicious and healthy episode below, and yes I have made this salad (and a curry they do as well) and it was AMAZING!
- And while you are looking at awesome videos, have a look at this epic interview that Channing Tatum did with Carly Fleischmann, a woman with Autism who isn’t afraid to ask the tough questions!