Photo by Louish Pixel
Do you have too many Easter Eggs leftover at the end of the long weekend? We’ve all been there, and usually you’re eating the chocolate until Halloween or giving them out in children’s goody bags. But what if I told you that you could have your chocolate eggs and eat them too, even after the festivities have wound down? If you are in a bind and want to get rid of a few of the excess chocolates given to you by generous people for over indulgence, all you need to do is turn it into hot chocolate instead!
- Your leftover Easter Eggs
- 600 grams full cream milk
- Crumble your leftover Easter Eggs into a bowl, sans wrappers of course!
- Melt the Easter Eggs in the microwave, stirring every 1 – 2 minutes to ensure it melts properly into a chocolate paste.
- Heat the milk in a saucer over the stove, in the microwave, or with a coffee machine attachment that heats the milk for coffees.
- Pour the chocolate into a mug, top up with the milk and top up with marshmallows.
If you want to keep the Easter Egg tradition popping as well, you can even serve these hot chocolates, spiked with Rum, and in an Easter Egg of it’s own. All you need to do is cut the tops off your more hollower Easter Eggs, sit them in their own egg trays and pour the hot chocolate into the middle before clinking eggs and shooting them – remember to drink them quickly, because they will be hot and the chocolate will melt, or alternate and make a cold chocolate drink instead.
If you want more ideas on these chocolate shooters, head to the Hooray page to find out more.