I can’t believe that is February already! I hope you are all enjoying the last rays of the Australian Summer, and have capped it off with a wonderful month. Not only do I get to wish my awesome brother a happy birthday on the 2nd February, but it has also just passed my second wedding anniversary to my beautiful husband on Valentine’s Day. I hope you all had a romantic Hallmark holiday of your own, because I spent it getting a couple’s massage, a delicious five-course meal at a super fancy pants restaurant, and had a gourmet picnic by the river with my love.
We got free tickets to our favourite 1920’s vaudeville tent the Speigeltent for a showing of La Cirque here in Canberra, and The Home granted myself the lucky recipient of an Instagram prize pack (from the photo I took above) including fluffy robes, Royal Dalton dinnerware, candles and so many amazing other gifts. It was like Christmas all over again!
Somehow, amongst all that, there were still things keeping me busy on the party radar:
Party Round Up:
- I found this amazing Nautical themed weddings on the blog It’s Your Party and damn is it beautiful! I loved the navy colour theme of the wedding, the groom’s pinstripe suite, the idea of using white paddle oars as a guest book, and the simple white and navy nautical anchor cake – I gotta get me one of those!
- JCrew is fast becoming a must go shopping destination, but have you guys seen the amazing Bow Monde dresses they have? They are the PERFECT bridesmaids dress, and one I was trying to find in champagne for my maid of honour. Oh well, maybe if we renew our vows?
- Grey Likes Weddings, you get me every time! Especially with this beautiful and spritzy Laguna Beach wedding, this wooden geometric friendly Thailand wedding, this beautifully natural Sadona wedding, a New Year’s Eve Proposal Shoot (Damn, that cake! That dress!) and this royal inspired photoshoot.
- Rock n Roll brides has two excellent shoots making the rounds, including this awesome Alternative Rooftop shoot (the plates! Amazing!) and this super cool Lady in the Lake inspired shoot with a damn amazing crown cake topper.
- Hooray have given us an amazing list about some creative ways to get your guests to sign their good wishes to you on your wedding day. Check out the list here.
- Are you excited for the new movie Suicide Squad? Some killer trailers have been unleashed, and everyone is looking forward to seeing amazing characters such as The Joker and Harley Quinn take centre stage away from the heroes. AV Club has put together an awesome insight into the character of Harley Quinn, and how she is much more than a deranged sexpot – despite Suicide Squad’s foretelling.
- I am officially obsessed with Parks and Recreation, as my husband and I started watching it just last month. I ship Beslie so hard, and want to basically be as positively insightful and passionate as Leslie Knope is. To get you in the mood, someone turned some awesome P&R quotes into graphic works of art, and now all I want is to frame the one that says, “Leslie, I typed your symptoms in here and it says you could be having network connectivity problems”
- I love this amazing song “Crossfire” by up and coming artist Stephen – it’s hauntingly beautiful!
- Also, I can’t seem to get Flume’s new track “Never Be Like You” out of my head!