Photo by Byron Carr
Welcome to 2016! I hope you had an absolutely wonderful festive season and that you rang in 2016 in a big way. I spent my New Years Eve with a road trip to Melbourne, Australia, with my friends and lovely husband! We drove for hours from Australia’s south coast, but managed to get the perfect camping spot along the way, wake up with a morning swim on a beautiful (and apparently shark infested!) beach before driving to Melbourne where we visited the Peninsula Hot Springs (Soooo good!), hung around St. Kilda beach in a perfect apartment opposite Luna Park, saw the awesome new Star Wars: The Force Awakens movie at Melbourne’s IMAX Cinema, and rung in the New Year on a quaint little rooftop bar under three separate fireworks displays complete with confetti cannons and a giant bottle of Moet.
It was definitely a night to remember and lines up what looks to be an interesting and inspiring 2016. To help get you in the inspiring mood, check out the first Party Round Up of 2016!
Party Round Up:
- I’ve completely fallen in with the amazing event and wardrobe stylist called Grey Likes Weddings, and their Cuban Inspired Wedding Shoot is so amazing I can’t tear my eyes away from the palm frond print dress and the groom’s dapper outfits – yes please!
- Yum! I am so sad to hear Hooray will no longer be operating as a magazine, but that has certainly paved the way for some fabulous online articles! Check out this delicious recipe for Spiced Rose White Hot Chocolate, This wonderful mint green and silver themed party inspiration, a pastel and gold themed party, and ideas to host a relaxed boho dinner party.
- I love HerCanberra’s New Years Eve inspired article on Champagne Tips for Summer Entertaining with The Champagne Dame. – What a fantastic name!
- OMG have you seen the amazing new Leopard Bread from French Baker Coco e Bauniha? It’s AMAZING!
- I’ve also fallen in love with this absolutely beautiful black and white carousel cake! It’s so The Night Circus.
- Rock n Roll Bride did a great photo recreation of Marilyn Monroe’s wedding to Arthur Miller, and it was beautiful.
- Check out this awesome video by Buzzfeed favourite Eugene that showcases wedding dresses from around the world:
- I’ve been enjoying many of actress Emma Roberts’ projects, including her roles as queen bitches Madison Montgomery in American Horror Story: Coven and Chanel Oberlin in Scream Queens, as well as her earlier roles as Jill Roberts in Scream 4 but something you may not know about Julia Roberts’ niece is that she is an avid reader, as show by the lengthy tomes she advertises on her Instagram account. Well thanks to one excellent fan, she has put together a reading list for all of us to get our hands on – and it looks like one stellar list!
- HerCanberra also published a few of my articles that I wrote, including the Top 5 TV Shows to Binge Watch Over Summer, and 7 Instagram Worthy Canberra Based Party Suppliers. Thanks HerCanberra!
- In a bid to eat better and focus on our health and fitness, my husband and I were looking into delicious receipes for a meal plan and I stumbled across this artfully designed and super healthy and active website called Nutrition Stripped. It’s basically become my bible now, and it should be yours too!