Do you know why I love Christmas time so much? It’s because as soon as the weather starts to get hotter, the parties and the outdoor celebrations begin! It’s the only time that it is acceptable to get drunk on champagne with your co-workers at three in the afternoon, listen to rocking music while you toast your friends with a glass in one hand and a BBQ platter in the other, and when you can have maybe three or four different parties or celebrations in a week and people won’t call you an alcoholic if your over 21.
Christmas celebrations come in all shapes and sizes – meals shared with family and loved ones, end of year lawn bowls with your co-workers, and high class functions with your bosses. This is the time to put up the Christmas tree, arrange presents for your loved ones, drink heaps of egg nog and eat to excess! With Christmas celebrated, New Years around the corner, and heaps of reasons to celebrate and parties to attend there really isn’t any excuse not to get out there and socialise!
What are you guys going to be up to, and what sort of New Years Resolutions do you have in place? Let me know in the comment section below, but before you do you should check out some of these amazing parties and stories that are blowing up the news feeds this month.
And don’t forget to have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Party Round Up:
- I know Halloween was a while ago, but check out this amazing Halloween styled shoot by The Tsudons and Kirby Blake on the Hooray website. While we are here, check out Anna’s 30th Birthday, as featured on Hooray as well, for a beautiful way to bring together a sophisticated lavender and honey gold infusion theme for a party, and damn does that juice look good!
- Studio DIY has reached into their DIY pocket and pulled out some excellent projects for you all, such as this excellent DIY Fairy Bread Pinata, this super cute DIY Gumball Machine Costume, DIY Popcorn Costume, and this DIY Watercolour Baby Shower.
- HerCanberra has got some wonderful articles out this month, including these delicious DIY Summer Cocktails (The Raspberry Rosemary Julips look to die for, and so does the Spiked Cherry Soda Thyme!) and a great article about why we should be celebrating Friendsgiving instead of the more stressful Thanksgiving.
- This Love and Lavender themed wedding from Rock n Roll captures the pure spirit of the beautiful Disney movie “Up”, and check out this super rad Carnival and Steampunk Circus themed wedding!
- Hooray magazine has made my dreams come true with this amazing DIY Watercolour Pumpkin tutorial! I know what I’m doing next Halloween, but you don’t necessarily need to have pumpkins as part of your spooky decorations – you can use it for anything else!
- David Duong, the master behind We Are Origami Photography, shared this wonderful video from his wedding day thanks to Light Noise Films, and it looks every bit as special and wonderful as these two deserve. Congratulations guys!
- If you love burlesque like I do, then you need to check out this awesome article about how the ladies in love with pin up need to stop slut-shaming and being whoreaphobic, because our beautiful little industry was built on the backs of sex workers. Could not agree more!
- How epic is this quote from Angelina Jolie? Now that’s a Bond I’d like to see more than Daniel Craig!
- HerCanberra.com has a few fun articles out this month, such as how to Christmas proof your relationship, and why we should celebrate the art of Friendsgiving
- I always apologise even when something isn’t my fault. I love this list by Buzzfeed about 22 things women should stop apologising for.
- Loving this song “Ocean Drive” by Duke Dumont
- And Chet Faker’s new banger “The Trouble With Us” featuring Markus Marr