Photo by Michelle and Damien Photography
Wow, what a month! I started it out by taking a trip to Peru, Bolivia and Chile at the end of October and the start of November and rolled into the month by hanging out by driving across the Salt Flats in Bolivia in a 4WD, hiking the Andes mountains in Chile, and walking up the Inca Trail in Peru. It was an amazing trip, and definitely recommendable for everyone looking for a great adventure! Stay tuned in early 2016 for my classic wedding custom and tradition articles for each country I visited.
In the mean time, check out some of the amazing party things blowing up the blogs right now, and stay tuned for a month of special Christmas and New Years articles starting in a couple of days. Until then, enjoy!
Party Round Up:
- Donuts are the new cupcake, so sink your teeth into these moorish delights with Oreo Donuts from the Broma Bakery, S’Mores Donuts from The Merrythought, and Baked Red Velvet Donuts from Homemade Hoopla
- And if you are digging the special treat lately, check out this amazing recipe for Salted Caramel Doughnuts.
- Check out this amazing tropical themed party as seen on the Hooray! magazine blog. I love this delicious looking fruit toppings on the cake, and the incorporation of geometrics into this fun design! While you are there, check out the other wonderful articles that have been specially curated by them, such as this super luscious garden party, this excellent recipe for a coconut and limoncello cake with honey and lemon curd buttercream.
I’ve recently discovered the amazing event styling of Mindy Weiss (who is currently putting together the wedding of Modern Family’s Sofia Vergas and True Blood’s Joe Magniello) and she has some amazing portfolio shots of the weddings she has put together on her blog, including the Bridal Shower for Jamie Chung this amazing décor at this house, this awesome goth rocker wedding at the Beverly Hills Hotel, and this stunning backdrop at Pelican Hill seriously – everything this woman touches turns to gold!
You may have read on my blog that I did a Style Sesh with Hooray Magazine and Katherine Sabbath. Well, the professional photos taken for Hooray magazine are on the blog and there are a few of me on then being both a dorkus and a cutie! Check me out ma, I’m on the internet! And while you’re looking at this amazing workshop, check it out in video form below:
- I love Samantha Wills’ jewellery collection, so when she made a sparkling wine range it was something I had to try (and also share to a very special lady on my wedding day as well!) so checking out this launch party video by Soda Films was absolutely devine! Someone send me to a launch stat!
- I’m really getting into writing for different blogs at the moment to try and get myself out there as a writer and establish myself, and I’ve written a few articles for Her Canberra.com including chronicling Canberra’s best hens and bucks party ideas. Even if you’re not from Canberra, I would love it if you checked out my other articles about the hidden gems of Canberra’s party venues, and my article about a charity walk for my current employers Alzheimer’s Australia.
- My favourite baker and horror queen Christine McConnell unleashed a series of amazing photos to celebrate Halloween, and you can check them out here! She apparently has a cookbook coming out in March 2016, so you can bet I’ll be getting my hands on that one!
- Now I’m not that into Taylor Swift, but I’m not going to deny that she makes amazing music! Check out the new music video for her hit song “Wildest Dreams”. Many people have proclaimed that the colonisation of Africa depicted in this is white-washed, but I can’t help but love the wild, rough yet romanticised element of it!