As you are reading this, things are getting very exciting in The Party Connection’s world, as I am currently on my way to Perth in Australia to attend my brother in-law’s wedding! It is bound to be an absolutely beautiful ceremony, and I can’t wait to share it all with you so you can find inspiration in it yourselves. It’s also be an action-packed month, as I attended Hooray’s Style Sesh that featured none other than baking queen Katherine Sabbath! Given to me as a birthday present by wonderful husband, you can check out the post I wrote about here.
Coming up for the months of October, I have something very special for you all and that is a whole month of spooky recipes, designs and inspirations to get you in the mood for Halloween on October 31st! I’ve packed so much in to this month’s post series from some tidying up I have been doing in updating the blog, so if a page of inspiration is missing, have a look and see if you can find it below. If not, let me know at email@example.com and I will try and point you in the right direction.
Until then, enjoy the different types of inspiration that has been on my mind this month, and get ready for one damn spooky month ahead!
Party Round Up:
- For a sweet bash, throw a Cupcake Party like Hooray Magazine did.
- Champagne Ice Blocks are now are thing that I need to obsess about getting for this upcoming Summer!
- Rainbow parties are a great way to enjoy the sunshine and the springtime, but any Rainbow themed party has to have these amazing rainbow jelly oranges (vodka not included but highly suggested!)
- Having a Day of the Dead themed Halloween party this upcoming October? Get these amazing intricately decorated sugar skull cookies for your guests!
- Thinking about having some other intricately designed cookies for your Halloween celebrations but don’t want to go full sugar skull? Check out these amazing spooky ink cookies from Just Being Judy.
- Head over to Amy Atlas’ blog and check out her amazing Pastel Wonderland party (how damn good do those Magic Potions look? And great idea for using the sweet pie boxes from Pink Frosting for delicious tarts!) and while you are there, sink your teeth into the cupcakes and rose cake pops at this Sleeping Beauty feature.
- With the new Star Wars movie coming out at the end of the year, you definetly want to throw a party like what was featured on Hostess with the Mostess – just check out that amazing chocolate Millenium Falcon cake, delightful cupcakes, Leia’s Hair Buns and Yoda Soda!
- My husband had a Mario Kart themed party for his 21st complete with a championship game and matching drinks – here are some awesome ideas from Hostess with the Mostess to turn your Mario Kart fandom into the perfect children’s party.
- And last but not least, inject some colour into your wedding day with this beautiful Modern Brights Wedding Rainbow Aisle Runner! Perfect!
- I am so happy to announce that I did some outside writing for HerCanberra.com – a website dedicated to the happenings of Australia’s capital! I put together a piece for this website called Canberra’s Best Hen’s Parties Ideas and it had an engagement rate of 7000 whopping views from Facebook advertising alone! I am so happy with the way that it turned out, so check it out at the link above!
- I also have recently started working at Alzheimer’s Australia and decided to put my writing skills together and write an event page for an Alzheimer’s Australia Memory Walk and Jog that happened on the 20th of September. It would mean a lot to me if you would check it out!
- I’m a bit of a sucker for Childish Gambino’s hot rhymes, and I love that this crazy music video was filmed in Kauai (our honeymoon destination!) Always love to be reminded of it.
- I’m also currently jiving to Demi Lovato’s hip new track “Cool for the Summer” even though it’s not something I usually listen to. Check it out here:
- And while you are dancing, keep going to Hilary Duff’s equally cool pop summer anthem “Sparks” which had to grow on me, but I love the film clip for it’s crazy bright colours and spiky vibrance.