The Party Connection dreams big, and I want to share my dreams with one lucky reader!
In conjunction with my special giveaway (not to mention a few wonderful surprises that will be available for my readers by the end of the year!), I created this wonderful recipe on how to make your own Big Cat themed cookies that I would love to share with you all. I guarantee they are delicious, so let me know what you think and don’t forget to enter the giveaway!
6 cups plain flour
1 and ¼ cups dark cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
154gms unsalted butter
2 cups white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds until softened.
- In a separate bowl, combined the butter and sugars with an electric mixer. Add in the eggs and mix again until the dough is fluffy and light in colour.
- Add the flour mixture into this bowl and add in the vanilla essence. Mix together with the electric beater or with your hands.
- Once the dough is clinging together and isn’t runny, remove ½ of the dough and spread it out into a line of cling wrap so that it is in a disc shape. Wrap the dough up and put it in the fridge to cool for 45 minutes. Repeat this step with the rest of the dough.
- Remove one discs of dough out of the fridge and unwrap it, leaving the discs on a line of baking paper that you have placed down on your workbench. Put a line of baking paper on top and use a rolling pin to spread the dough around the board, leaving it 2cms thick.
- Put the dough and the baking paper in the fridge and repeat the process on the second disc. Leave both discs of dough in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and remove the baking paper. This will have left a soft even coating to the top of the dough. Cut into circle shapes using a cookie cutter and place on a baking paper lined tray.
- Place one whole white chocolate melt into the middle of the cookie to act as the base pad on the big cat’s paw.
- Cut off the edges of three or four other white chocolate melts and round the edges to the centre piece that you will have left. Place these above the whole white chocolate melt on the cookie.
- Place the cookies into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the cookies start to crisp at the edges. Since it is a darker cookie, it will be harder to tell when it is ready because it won’t go golden brown. Watch it, and make sure that the cookies seem firm at the edges.
- Remove cookies from the oven and place on wire racks to cool. Once cool, serve it on a platter or plate at your party!
And viola! A perfect paw print left from a big cat! If you want to make it slightly more decorational, you can also add almond slivers to the top of the individual pads to make claws! Scary! Perfect for your next African, animal or cat themed party!
Don’t forget to enter the competition! It closes July 30th 2015.
xx Courtney xx