I hope you all had a wonderful Easter and a wonderful month! My husband and I spent Easter in the company of our loved ones because my brother came up to visit us from Melbourne (I never see him!) and we also went down to visit Byron’s little sister Kaela and walk for her float in the annual Blessing of the Fleet parade. If you haven’t checked out the awesome Fire and Ice Float that Byron’s mother put together (which would make an excellent theme and decorational idea for a party!) check it on the blog from earlier in the month.
So while I celebrated these events, as well as my father’s birthday (Happy birthday for the 8th April dad!) and Anzac Day, I was also immersed in some pretty amazing and inspiring events for this month. Check them out below:
Party Round Up:
- Check out this adorable Pink and Gold Princess Party from Kara’s Party Idea’s and while you’re there, have a look at this super cute Vintage Chevy and Auto Garage party, this adorable Dr. Suess themed party (the cake looks amazing, and those party hats are to die for!) and these Instagram posts for a super cute Lorax drink dispenser and Mermaid Birthday Party.
- This So Cal Baby Shower from the Beijos babes is so damn fierce I would like to decorate my entire house this way!
- Check out The Bride’s Diary for some wonderful and unique boutonnieres for your groom!
- Hilary Duff threw her sister Haylie a gorgeous baby shower that you all need to see!
- Hooray rocked a pretty amazing Surprise Rainbow Cupcake Tutorial (seriously, the frosting looks Ah-mazing!) and told us all about the Art of the Cheese Platter, which was just absolutely delightful!
- These are some damn awkward wedding photos. To avoid having these problems you should check out my previous post about 5 Creative Wedding Photos for Your Big Day.
- Kat Williams at Rock n Roll Bride has been throwing out some killer weddings on her blog. She’s got a Friday the 13th Gothic wedding, A Fancy Dress Mad Hatter’s Tea Party themed wedding, A Pink and Leopard Print themed Rock n Roll wedding (would your groom allow pink at the wedding?), A Maritime Goth wedding, A beautifully lit Gothic and Literary Lower East Side Synagogue wedding, A Crazy-Good Alice in Wonderland themed wedding with the most amazingly crafted table centrepieces I have seen for an Alice in Wonderland themed party, and a beautiful South African Steampunk wedding! While you’re there as well, have a look at her 30 Non-Traditional, Non-Floral Centrepiece Ideas list for your alternative wedding.
- Instagram is blowing up as the marketing tool of choice right now, so check out this awesome guide from the Social Media Examiner on How to Improve your Instagram Marketing. If you think you could benefit of putting these tips into action and you happen to live in California, check out Studio DIY’s Can’t Crop This Instagram Marketing class. I would definitely go if I were in California – tell me about it if you do on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I’ve recently discovered the amazing DIY YouTube Channel Man Vs. Pin, where a fun-loving guy takes on many of the seemingly impossible DIY projects that dominate Pintrest. Here are some of my favourite DIY projects that I kind of feel like taking on myself – what do you reckon guys? Should I give it a try?