Welcome to 2015! I hope you had a pleasant and safe New Years and that you partied like it was 1919 – I know I did because I welcomed the new year at a 1920’s themed ball at a speakeasy bar! Fun! 2015 looks like it is going to be a great year for The Party Connection, with 100,000 views under our belt, an eBook on the way in the early months, and I have developed a neat little schedule to have your inspiration fixes satisfied by guaranteeing two posts every week. You will see a full month’s (YES, A MONTH!) worth of posts come Halloween and Christmas time, and a lot more DIY recipes and style posts. These are just some of the fun things you can come to expect from The Party Connection as it travels into it’s third year! I hope you’re excited – I sure am! Just to keep you going, here are some amazing articles and posts that are blowing up on the blogosphere right now. Enjoy your first Party Round-Up of 2015 and I will see you soon!
- If your child is having a birthday party this year, don’t look any further than this amazing Unicorn Parade! Complete with giant unicorn balloons, pink cotton candy clouds and a silver sequin cake, if you don’t invite me to this I am going to cry! While you’re at The Alison Show, check out her awesome Flamingo themed party her Haunted Halloween Dinner Party, and read about How To Look Hot In A Photo Booth!
- Check out the Bride’s Diary for 5 Awesome DIY Tips for your wedding day.
- Rock N Roll Bride has kicked off 2015 with some absolutely killer posts! Check out the adorable Fantasy and Fiction Scottish wedding, Bohemian Circus themed wedding for those who don’t want to go too OTT on the elephants and strongmen (But why wouldn’t you?), and a Retro Movie Kansas City wedding (Sounds like my kind of party!). I also really loved Kat’s post about Surviving Your Wedding Day When You Don’t Feel Beautiful, because like everyone I have those self-confidence issues when it comes to my weight and what I look good in, but coming up to your wedding day all you can think about is marrying the person of your dreams. If you’re like that too, read this and feel beautiful!
- And to round it off, here are the top trends for cake decorating coming in to 2015… How much does the idea of a sequin cake sound perfect?
- The Times Says That Adult Women Are Wearing Tiaras To Meetings is an interesting rebuttle to The Times’ piece that discusses the fact that modern-day #ladybosses adorn their heads with shiny headpieces to make an ironic statement that highlights female empowerment. What do you think? Would you wear a tiara to feel empowered? Why not? I agree that “Tiaras are not the new Power Scrunchie” (seriously, who wears scrunchies anymore who isn’t stuck in the 90’s?) and would like to point out that the “tiaras” worn by Amanda Miller in the original article are simply fabulous headbands and not the full on crown that conjures images of Queen Elizabeth the second. But in the end, if you’re a successful business lady and want to wear a god damn fabulous headpiece – get on it!
- Check out Pretty Mayham’s How To Beat The Post Holiday Blues to help get you over that January slump!
- Check out Bustle’s awesome article about What Inspires 7 CEO’s In The Morning to get the most out of your day. Are you going to pick up any of these tips, or write your own feel good message on your mirror? Let me know in the comments section below!
- My articles today have a real #ladyboss theme to start the new year with a total badass kick to your working ethic! Check out the Inc. article about 10 Things You Should Do Every Workday.
- Check out Sia’s new clip for her tune Elastic Heart, featuring Shia LaDouche and Maddie Ziegler, who sparked amazement all around the globe with her incredible dance moves for Sia’s film clip Chandelier – an inside look at Sia’s personal battle with alcoholism. Billboard have reported that many are angry at Sia’s new clip and claim that it is pedophilic, but Sia hit back saying that it was merely “two warring Sia self states.” You can really see where Sia got the inspiration from – the caring look in Shia’s eyes and the wild manic determination in Maddie’s really represents her adult post-addiction personality (Shia) trying to reach out to verison of her riddled with drunkenness (Maddie). Tell me what you think in the comments below!
- And last but not least, I discovered the amazing idea that is Cookie Cups after watching a BuzzFeed Youtube Video about Life-Changing Baking Tricks That Everyone Can Do and I tried it at home with great success. They were delicious cookies, but since I didn’t have a medium pop over pan, I used a muffin tray and they weren’t very pretty, so this is why I haven’t shown you. However, you won’t want to bake chocolate chip cookies any other way after you see this!