Photo by Trey Ratcliff
It’s November and that means its time for summer heat to start us baking, champagne to be sipped over some super fancy events-that-shall-not-be-named (which I have decided not to follow any more due to the cruelty of horses and horse racing!) and the workload to start winding down to make way for the best party season around. I’ve been super lucky this past October and have managed to get myself a job at a bigwigs office, so no longer do I join the masses of the unemployed (I feel your pain!) and I now get invited to things like office Christmas parties – hooray!
To celebrate, I would like to share with you some of my favourite celebrations for this month as we gear into a super Christmas special soon… enjoy!
Party Round Up:
- I’m not a fan of Blake Lively, and I can’t believe Ryan Reynolds left a smoking babe like Scarlett Johansson for her, but with her announcement of her pregnancy came an equally amazing looking baby shower that drew on the power and art of Autumn with the theme “Falling For Family” Cute! Check it out on the Cosmo site and be prepared to be amazed!
- Everyone knows Supernatural is my favourite TV show, and they celebrated their 200th episode with a red carpeted bash, an Impala cake with real working headlights, a brilliant selfie to end the Ellen super selfie and my favourite Danneel looking super cute after having a baby. Wish I could have been there!
- Hooray magazine has some amazing styled shoots on their blog and this amazing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star mint green, silver and black party by Sooti Event Styling really caught my attention. I love this one! Check out the Hooray magazine first annual Halloween bash as well – looks like something I could sink my teeth into!
- Youtuber Traci Hines is known about town as being the Hipster Mermaid, and her wedding stays true to her love of The Little Mermaid. She looks fantastic!!!
- Where would you be on Melbourne Cup with a glass of bubbly in your hand? Hooray magazine put together a lovely cocktail list such as a Pineapple Coconut Champagne Cocktail and a Limoncello Champagne! Delicious!
- And finally, this amazing wedding by Little Sooti was Willy Wonka themed. Ah-mazing!
- Everyone needs to see what Gothic Bake Queen model Christine McConnell dressed up as for Halloween, as well as what my favourite Gothic novelist Tara Moss dressed up as too.
- I watched a Marilyn Monroe documentary on my birthday and I loved her dedication to self-improvement. She taught herself to walk like she was tethered to a cloud and I’ve loved the idea so much that I try to channel my inner Marilyn when going on interviews. I’m also super interested in following her work out regime and her book list too!
- Last month I revealed two sentence horror stories – today I am revealing Twitter’s 5 word horror stories and the results are hilarious!
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post from Paging Dr. Nerdlove about things that couples can learn from the everlasting love of Mortica and Gomez – my favourite couple ever! Time to take note and follow their example to send a trail of kisses up your arm…
- There is no reason for me to be blogging about babies at the moment, since I am in no way up the duff, but for some reason I have collected a series of extremely cute baby movies from Youtube that make me feel all the feels. Enjoy my collection, starting with “You Poked My Heart!” Gasp! Fabulous!
- Now I know you’re pretty but you’re not real, so I thought I would share with you the most emotional baby of all time!
- And while you’re at it, there is nothing funnier than the “Apparently kid”. While he may have sold out since appearing on Ellen, he has made me realise just how much I started a sentence with “apparently…”