I’ve been getting a bit crafty lately with glass jars and milk bottles and these were one of the first crafty projects that turned out super well. I had it in mind for my Midnight in the Garden party, but they make such a good idea that you can use them for any kind of party, depending on what colour you want to choose. Here are how you can make your own:
Glitter in any colour
Glass bottles, jars, vases or whatever you want to decorate
- Wash and dry you glass jars. Pour your glitter into a spare bowl that you can easily dip your glass jar into.
- Use the paintbrush to paint glue around the bottom of the jar and dip it into the glitter.
- Use the paintbrush and continue to paint glue up the sides of the jar, going as far up as you want to. Dip this into the glitter again, covering all the gluey areas. You can even sprinkle the glitter onto the jars if you want to add a little more.
- Leave your jars to dry. I actually had mine drying for two days, but depending on the glue you use it really depends how long it will take. You will know it is dry when less glitter falls off than normal.
- Spray with hairspray to seal the glitter and set up on your dessert table.
And there you go, a super simple and easy way to add a bit of sparkle to your drinks and your dessert table! Let me know if you try this at home by emailing me at email@example.com, or leave your comments below!