Photo by the adorable Origami Creatives
Welcome to another edition of Party Round up, as August sees me embarking on a whole new chapter of my life. I have so many projects underway at the moment, both personal and professional, and many of them include some fabulous new ideas for The Party Connection that I can’t wait to share with you.
I’ve decided to continue with the birthday celebrations this month with another bumper issue of Party Round Up, because even though my 24th birthday has been celebrated on July 31st, It’s time to celebrate the birthday of The Party Connection blog!
I posted my first ever article two years ago on August 23rd – a short post on a Candyland themed cake. Since then, I’ve learnt so much and grown so much as a blogger than it only seems befitting to continue with these birthday celebrations. I wonder where the retrograde will send you? Hopefully some of these ideas and inspirations will ignite a spark in your event givings. Enjoy!
Party Round Up:
- Rock and Roll Bride always features amazing weddings that I post about every month. This month’s is a Unique Vintage Inspired Wedding because I can’t ever stay away from them (love the photo of the whole bridal party – the colours look great together!) and an equally beautiful Tattoo Artist’s Georgia Wedding. I love the bride’s hair in this one, and the burlap table runners. So cute!
- Check out this super cute wedding on Rock My Wedding – I love the golden drapery behind the bridal table and the navy blue bridesmaids dresses.
- While we are on the subject of Rock My Wedding you simply HAVE to check out this DIY Tutorial on how to make glitter vases. It gives me another idea for a post… Stay tuned!
- I’m a sucker for a Flamingo themed party and this Flamingo Fiesta Girls Night In by Hostess with the Mostess is too adorable to pass up! While you are at it, check out HWTM’s Peacock themed baby shower photos and this beautifully elegant Ivory, Nude and Lace food table. It was be absolutely devine for a colour scheme for a wedding! Let me know if you did this at your own wedding by emailing me at email@example.com or commenting below.
- I’m falling in love with the event services company Cotton Clouds for a Cause. Delicious and good for the planet!
- Sparkles are where it’s at right now! Check out Rock n Roll Bride’s 20 Sparkly items you need in your wedding now!
- This amazing article from Hostess with the Mostess talks about how you can take better photographs at your parties and turn them into real professional quality ideas. It’s a great idea and I certainly took quite a few tips from Maria Healey.
- A few months back I posted an article that James Franco had written about the meaning behind the selfie. To follow on from that, fellow blogger and amazing burlesque dancer Veronica Varlow posted this awesome article about how your selfie can REALLY reflect your true loves and what it REALLY means to change the world via selfie.
- To continue with “Take Better Photos” theme, check out Rock n Roll Bride’s article on how to take awesome photos on your Android phone.
- Coming up with creative team building exercises can be tough, but SpiceLife introduced us to a Team Building Zombie Wedding Activity. It’s definitely worth checking out, and if you’ve done something like this let me know by leaving me your comments!
- I’ve got a bit of a running zombie theme at the moment as I put the finishing chapters to the zombie novel I am working on so in the same vein, this is also probably the most epic theme for a zombie movie ever – the outbreak starts at a wedding! I haven’t seen a bride this fan-fucking-tastic since the Bride of Chucky. If your like me and love a bit of zombie check out the trailer for [Rec] 3 below.
- And from that, to this – this video is spine tingling good!