Now I absolutely adore the Beatrix Potter tale of Peter Rabbit – a story about a mischievous rabbit in blue peabody coat. It has one main drawcard – I love bunnies so much, and a bunny in a blue coat? Brilliant!
Being a big Peter Rabbit fan I absolutely fell for these amazing Peter Rabbit party products by Meri Meri and I decided to buy one of the Peter Rabbit wheelbarrow cupcake cases. Now it was always my plan to save these for a special occasion, but since I’m not likely to be hosting a Peter Rabbit themed baby shower for my first child any time soon, I thought I would get in that new kitchen of mine and bake up a Peter Rabbit storm. The good thing about the wheelbarrows? They’re reusable! And the Peter Rabbit cupcakes cases can be re-purchased from Meri Meri or you can just use an alternative blue casing. All set!
My cupcake method was taken from Taste.com.au.
- 200g butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups (370g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups (405g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 24 1/3 cup (80ml) muffin pans with patty cases.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla essence with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until just combined. Add the flour and milk in alternate batches and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
Spoon mixture evenly among the patty cases. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, create a delicious frosting to go over the top. I used Philadelphia Lemon Frosting for these baby shower cupcakes!
Put it in the wheelbarrow, set it out and hey presto! Instant cupcakes that are just perfect for a baby shower.