July is the party month. Why? Because it’s my birthday!!!!!!!
If it’s one thing I love, it’s my birthday. People give you presents and there is cake involved and you get to spend the day with everyone that you love.
So while I am partying up a storm and going to the snow, here are some awesome parties and articles that are circulating the inspiration radar right now. I’ve decided to make July a bumper issue just for you guys, because it’s such a party month. Enjoy!
Party Round Up:
- Rock and Roll Bride featured this great article about 33 Alternative Wedding Bouquet Ideas. It’s a great list if you’re not so keen on flowers!
- I stumbled across these amazing ideas for a Snow White themed party. I loved the idea of the cupcakes that look like cherry pies. Delicious!
- If you are a fan of baking, 1950’s pin up and gothic horror like I am (yes, these things do go together!) then you will absolutely love the baking genius Christine McConnell. Her Instagram page is sending the internet abuzz with amazing baked goods and pin up horror photos. She recreated the Facehugger from the movie Alien out of cookies and breadsticks, and a series of delicious and deadly looking spider out of cupcakes. Her work is absolutely amazing and a true inspiration to people like me. Love her!
- Let’s get addicted to My Fair Wedding! An amazing “reality” TV show that sees the fabulous David Tutera hijacking exotic and fun weddings and making it the wedding of the couple’s dreams! What event stylist wouldn’t love it? The website for the show even has it’s own photo gallerys like Unique Ways To Find Your Seat if your after a little bit of Tutera inspiration for your own wedding!
- I can’t seem to go past the industrial theme for decorations right now, so this Taxidermy and Skull Wedding from Rock n Roll Bride is right up my ally!
- You need to see this awesome video for the Hooray! Magazine Launch Party. It’s stylish, grungy and hipster cool all at the same time, and they mention fairy floss cocktails, so you know I’m in!
- This Black and White Rocker Wedding from Rock n Roll Bride would have my brother frothing at the mouth!
- This wedding sounds a bit like my wedding to my husband if we were in an alternative universe – a small, travel based wedding with the ceremony in Vegas and honeymoon in Hawaii? A burlesque dancer with purple hair and a web designer? Yep, I think this is me in an alternative life…
- This super cute DIY Sparkly Cutlery set from Hostess with the Mostess is amazing!!!! A super great and cheap idea to add a bit of shine to any party!
- I love Pretty Mayhem’s article about how to host a Bastille Day Soiree! Get your French book out!
- I love these video advertisements from the granola company Bear Naked. They combine their yummy product with an awesome themed event, like human bowling in the snow or the world’s longest water slide on the longest day of the year. It looks like a blast and I would love to get involved in their marketing team!
- Check out these amazing modern takes on classic paintings!
- Has anyone seen the Joss Whedon horror movie The Cabin In The Woods? It’s my favourite horror movie to date and is so hilariously awesome that I highly recommend everyone sees it!
- I currently really love Lily Allan’s “Miserable Without Your Love” from her new album Sheezus. It’s super sweet, and hearing it makes me feel beautiful and powerful, even if it’s not meant to be heard that way.
- Check out this amazing video about the power of Empathy Vs. Sympathy. It’s a great little video to help keep the differences in mind about how to comfort someone. I posted this on my new blog Inhale Courageously as well. It’s been very helpful!
- Veronica Varlow has been a big inspiration of mine in her style, blogging methods and burlesque gothic passions – and she writes back to me when I post fandom on her Facebook page! My other blogging champion, Gala Darling, has shared this amazing video of Veronica Varlow during a Mortica Addams burlesque routine and I absolutely love it! It’s everything I wanted Morphine Cupcakes to be and more! Check it out here, but remember it’s NSFW: