Welcome to another edition of Party Round Ups – an article that shares some well deserved link love to the event stylists and event blogs out there! These are the things that are inspiring me right now and I hope that they inspire you too.
Party Round Up:
- This Pink and gold Bubbly 30th Birthday Party on the Hostess with the Mostess blog is a beautifully sophisticated and girly way to celebrate your 30th birthday. This is the perfect tale of class and design! Love it!
- This article is about an amazing Dia de Los Muertos Wedding that took place in a Goth Club, as featured on Rock n Roll Bride. It’s a fantastically new way to pay homage to the Mexican Day of the Dead gothic spirit, while being colourful and unique. I love Day of the Dead and I love this wedding!
- My friend at work recently introduced me to the website Sweetapolita through this amazing recipe of Cake Batter and Sprinkle Bark. The shattering and smattering effect looks amazing and I am sure it is delicious as well! Let me know if you try this recipe at home, by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I love anything to do with lavender cupcakes and this La La Lavender and Lemon Cloud Cupcake recipe from Sweetapolita looks too good to say no!
- I love the look of this amazing Cookie Monster themed party from Hostess with the Mostess! The icing looks delicious!
- Check out this amazing Cute and Kitsch wedding inspiration shoot from Rock and Roll Bride. I love this look and is similar to an engagement party I once helped put together. I think I will feature something like this on the DIY Blog soon so stay tuned!
- Check out this delicious sounding Beauty Receipes for a DIY Spa Day from fellow Melbourne Blogcademy babe Pearl on her blog Pretty Mayhem. These ideas would go so well with a Honey and Oat themed spa day that I blogged about before. Delicious!
- I’m currently reading The Bling Ring by Nancy Jo Sales, a book that is an expanded from a Vanity Fair article called The Suspects Wear Louboutins. It’s a brand new Sofia Ford Coppelia film starring Emma Watson and is about the true story of a group of privileged teens ripping off Hollywood stars such as Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Orlando Bloom. It’s a good seemingly trashy read that is littered with intelligent pop culture and I highly recommend if not reading the whole book, than read the attached article link! It’s a great way to get both sides of this story, something that doesn’t happen often in celebrity gossip blogs.
- What’s the last thing you do before you go to bed? I check 9gag. What’s the first thing you do in the morning? After I switch my alarm off I switch the Facebook app open. I know that writing this blog is one of my truest passions, but I have no idea on the positive or negative effect it has on any of you because we don’t have a sociable connection beyond our screens! I visited my mother in-law’s house and she told us it was so sad about how plugged in we were because my husband, his sister and I were sitting in the lounge room, not talking, and tapping away on our electronic devices. If this sounds like you, you need to check out this amazing video entitled Look Up. It’s about leaving technology behind and communicating with one another to feel the social connection that you don’t get via Facebook and Twitter. It’s pretty true and it changed how I start and end my day.