Photo by Origami Creatives
These paper windmills are a great way to add vintage floral flair to your kitsch themed party, floral garden party or kitchen tea. I helped my friend make this for her engagement party and it looks absolutely fabulous so I thought I would share it all with you!
What You’ll Need:
12 inch scrapbooking paper or coloured cardstock
Double sided tape
Coloured buttons to match the cardstock
Hot glue gun
A Hole Punch
- Lay the cardstock on the table and measure the half way point (6inches) and use the ruler to draw a line down the center. Cut along this line so that you have two 6 inch pieces of cardstock. To make a smaller pinwheel, cut each of these halves again into a 3 inch piece.
- Fold both pieces accordion style with the colourful side folded outside. Tape into place to maintain it’s shape.
- Twist the accordion folds into half a fan and fasten into shape with double sided tape. Do the same with the other side and tape them together along the seams of the fold.
- Use a hot glue gun to fasten a brightly coloured button in the middle of each of the folds and hold in place until the hot glue dries.
- Once taped together use a hole puncher to fasten a string through the pinwheel. This way you can hang it from the roof, tied around a chair or from a string line.
And there you have it! An amazing decorational piece that is just as much fun to make as it is to hang. Let me know if you make any of this yourself by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org